Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lucky number Seven for Colin Farrell - Martin McDonagh’s 'Seven Psychopaths' set to be big success - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
|Martin McDonagh, Sam Rockwell and Colin Farrell in Toronto|
The film premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival last weekend, and Colin was on hand to help promote the project with McDonagh and co-stars Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson and Christopher Walken among others.
In the film he plays Martin, an alcoholic Irish screenwriter who eventually teams with Rockwell’s character to write a film, but gets sidetracked by stealing the precious dog of the mob boss played by Harrelson.
It sounds like a typically outlandish McDonagh film, just like In Bruges, which earned Colin a Golden Globe a few years back. The Guardian in England gave it four stars, and critics in Toronto were also pleased with what they saw.
“The film has a certain kind of chaotic nature to it, but it was really, really easy to shoot,” said Farrell.
McDonagh, born in Britain to Irish parents and author of the Leenane Irish trilogy that made such a splash on Broadway back in the nineties, was his usual deadpan self at the presser for the film. When asked if he researched real life psychos for his movie he replied, “Not really, other than my mother.”
The film is due for U.S. release in the next few weeks, and will bow in Ireland in December.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...