Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Louis Walsh backs Irish X-Factor star Mary Byrne for record deal
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 05:03 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
In a recent tell all interview with “X Magazine” Louis spoke about the Dublin woman's raw talent.
"She can sell an awful lot of records, like Susan Boyle. It's not always about finding a popstar who can be a puppet for somebody. There's enough of those in the charts," he said.
"Mary, I'm in for the long haul. It's all about the songs for me. I spend more time on my songs than all the other judges put together.
"This girl is going to do so well in this competition. She's going to get a record deal, she's going to fulfill all her dreams, and she's great. She's 50, she's got soul, she's Irish. She ticks all the boxes for me. And she can really, really sing,” he added.
Louis admitted that she may not have the same glamor or style factor compared to the other younger competitors but he insisted the only thing Mary needs is her voice.
“She didn't need any of the tricks that the other girls needed. For Mary it wasn't about tricks and make-up and hair and dancers and things. No, just one thing - her voice, “ the X-Factor judge told the magazine.
Mary Byrne became an overnight sensation when she impressed X-Factor judges at the Dublin auditions of the show earlier this year. A single mum from Ballyfermot in Dublin, Mary works as a check-out teller in a local supermarket.
It surely looks like the future is bright for our Mary!
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...