‘Lone Ranger’ star Johnny Depp has revealed he is almost completely blind in one eye
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
The 'Lone Ranger' star, who is rarely photographed without a pair of tinted glasses, claims he has been "basically blind as a bat" in his left eye since birth and the problem is impossible to correct.
The 50-year-old actor, who is also near-sighted in his right eye, told the July issue of Rolling Stone magazine that all of his glasses are prescription and he relies heavily on them.
He explained: "Everything is just very, very blurry. I've never had proper vision."
The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star, who has two children, Lily-Rose, 14, and Jack, 11, with his ex-girlfriend Vanessa Paradis, said he can only see a few inches from his face if he is playing a character that does not wear glasses or sunglasses.
Meanwhile, the actor, who is now dating actress Amber Heard, also revealed that he thinks about retiring from Hollywood "every day", but is unlikely to do so in the near future.
He said: "I think while I've got the opportunity and the desire and the creative spark to do the things that I can do right now, I should do them. And then, at a certain point, just take it down to the bare minimum and concentrate on, I guess, living life. Really living life. And going somewhere where you don't have to be on the run, or sneak in through the kitchen or the underground labyrinth of the hotel. At a certain point, when you get old enough or get a few brain cells back, you realise that, on some level, you lived a life of a fugitive."
But he added: "I don't know if I can relax. Relax, I can't do. My brain, on idle, is a bad thing. I just get weird. I mean, not weird. I get, I get antsy."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...