Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Liz and Dick' actress Lindsay Lohan feels lucky not to have committed suicide
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 at 08:40 AM
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' costar Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
The 'Liz and Dick' actress - who has endured five stints in rehab and been arrested six times in recent years - feels "bullied" by the constant attention surrounding her personal life and thinks other stars would have crumbled under the pressure and speculation.
She said: "Since I was a kid, I've loved being on camera. Don't misconstrue that; I didn't strive to have flashbulbs at dinner or people who don't know me calling TMZ. And 99 percent of the time, it's not true.
"I feel bullied. I can't think of any actor who has been subjected to such extreme publicity who hasn't, like, committed suicide."
However, the 26-year-old star believes her past experiences made her perfect for her latest role as Dame Elizabeth Taylor, though she insists she has always taken a more professional approach to her work than the late star.
She told Us Weekly magazine: "Everything I've gone through made me ready to play Liz.
"Elizabeth was drunk on sets. I've never been drunk on set, ever. I did my time and I respect the law."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...