Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Liz and Dick' actress Lindsay Lohan feels lucky not to have committed suicide
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 at 08:40 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
The 'Liz and Dick' actress - who has endured five stints in rehab and been arrested six times in recent years - feels "bullied" by the constant attention surrounding her personal life and thinks other stars would have crumbled under the pressure and speculation.
She said: "Since I was a kid, I've loved being on camera. Don't misconstrue that; I didn't strive to have flashbulbs at dinner or people who don't know me calling TMZ. And 99 percent of the time, it's not true.
"I feel bullied. I can't think of any actor who has been subjected to such extreme publicity who hasn't, like, committed suicide."
However, the 26-year-old star believes her past experiences made her perfect for her latest role as Dame Elizabeth Taylor, though she insists she has always taken a more professional approach to her work than the late star.
She told Us Weekly magazine: "Everything I've gone through made me ready to play Liz.
"Elizabeth was drunk on sets. I've never been drunk on set, ever. I did my time and I respect the law."