Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Liz & Dick' star Lindsay Lohan says she relates to screen icon Elizabeth Taylor
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 09:53 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
The 26-year-old actress plays the late screen icon in upcoming TV movie 'Liz & Dick' and she claims she found it easy to play the character because she can identify with the high-profile lifestyle Elizabeth led because she is used to dealing with the "stress" of being constantly scrutinized.
Speaking in an interview with Lifetime - who will air the movie - Lindsay said: "I'm a huge Elizabeth Taylor fan, and I relate to her on a lot of levels - living in the public eye, dealing with the stress of what other people say, whether it's true or not."
The flame-haired star is infamous for her wild antics, drug and alcohol use and jail stints, while 'Cleopatra' star Elizabeth is remembered for her tumultuous love life and eight marriages.
Lindsay feels the two are kindred spirits because of their tumultuous lives.
The star mused: "I personally understand Liz, because you're living your life for everyone to see, and people are growing with you.
"You get to a point where you become numb to it, and you just live your life the way you feel you need to live it."
Grant Bowler - who plays Richard Burton, who was married to Elizabeth twice, in the film - can also see the similarities between his co-star and the late Hollywood legend, who died in March 2011.
He quipped: "She's pretty much Elizabeth Taylor reincarnated."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...