Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lindsay Lohan's disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' performance was due to prescription drugs, says Michael Lohan
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|Lindsay Lohan on "SNL"|
However, Michael insists he convinced her to stop taking prescription medication ahead of her recent 'Glee' cameo and believes she is now once again showing her potential.
He told Celebrityviplounge.com: "I have to say this...on 'SNL', Lindsay was not using any illicit drugs or drinking but she still is on prescription drugs that they gave her. And the meds that they give her are meds that they say she needs, but she doesn't need them. But they kind of make her flat. She's not acting at a full potential. It's like the screen is down over her.
"And now when she did 'Glee' I said, 'Linds, get off the damn medication and let people see who you really are.' And for a couple days before 'Glee', she went off this stuff. And there were tears in my eyes when I watched 'Glee'. THAT was Lindsay. Yeah that was her acting. That is Lindsay Lohan at the 'Parent Trap', 'Freaky Friday' and 'Mean Girls' potential. That is what she was."
In 2010 Lindsay's probation papers indicated she was on antidepressants Zoloft and trazodone, stimulant Adderall, Nexium for acid reflux and painkiller Dilaudid for dental problems.