Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lindsay Lohan may be forced to sell prized possessions to pay her bills
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 08:38 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Lohan at the A&E Network|
The account has been branded delinquent and the locker can't be opened until the balance is paid off in full.
According to gossip website TMZ, the 'Liz & Dick' star - whose bank accounts have been frozen by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) over unpaid taxes of $233,904 for 2009 and 2010 - has asked friends and family to help out with the payment but so far no one has agreed.
While the 26-year-old star - who also owes around £8,000 in rent for her Beverly Hills mansion - was recently given £100,000 from pal Charlie Sheen to help pay her tax bill, the actor recently complained she hasn't even said thank you.
He said: "She got shorted and I found out, so I said, 'Here'. I'm still waiting for a text to say 'Thank you'. Anything you know?"
Additionally, the 'Mean Girls' star - whose probation was revoked yesterday (12.12.12) after she was formally charged with lying to police - is also said to have enlisted help from her younger sister Ali Lohan, 18, to help sell some of her designer clothes to raise more money.