Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lindsay Lohan has hit back at Rosie O'Donnell's claims she is "not capable" of playing the late Dame Elizabeth Taylor
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
Rosie has slammed troubled actress Lindsay Lohan - who is set to portray the iconic star in TV movie 'Liz and Dick' - accusing her of not being in the right frame of mind to work.
She said: "The last thing she did good she was 16. I don't think she's right for the role and I don't think she's capable at this point of doing what's needed."
But the 'Freaky Friday' star - who has been in-and-out of rehab and jail since 2007 - believes the chat show host does not know her well enough to comment.
Lindsay, 25, said: "It's funny that someone you don't know at all can say something so intrusive and so knowing.
"You know, I did one of my first interviews with her when I was little. I was so excited."
However, she admits Rosie's outburst has left a bitter taste in her mouth. She added: "She should base her opinions when she meets someone."
Meanwhile, Lindsay insists she will prove her critics wrong and commit 100 percent to the project.
She told Access Hollywood: "I don't want to have any room for any sort of fault. Life's too short to make mistakes and I've learned that, so I just want to do it the way she would have wanted it to be done.
"I know that I'm great ... I know Liz Taylor really well. I'm really lucky to be able to do this role and I just want to honour her the way that she should be honored, because she's helped a lot of people in her life.
"I'm going to do the best that I can do with the role and I'm very excited to do it."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...