Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lindsay Lohan ‘freaked out’ and refused to film scenes in 'Scary Movie 5'
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
A Hollywood insider told the New York Post newspaper: "Lindsay missed every meeting she had for the film, including script reads and wardrobe meetings.
"Then she missed her flight to Atlanta on Sunday to shoot the movie. The producers had been getting signs Friday that she was a mess, and would not be fit to work.
"She is under contract - so to get out of it, she had to prove that she was sick. She tried to prove she has walking pneumonia."
Lindsay is thought to be particularly concerned about the horror spoof's script - which features a kiss with co-star Charlie Sheen - because of how much it pokes fun at her.
A source added: "It went pretty hard at Lindsay. She'd been freaking out about it for weeks."
Another insider told the publication: "She's been locked up in her room at the Bowery Hotel. She's been in a tailspin. Even Charlie Sheen worried she might not be able to do the scene."
But a representative for Lindsay claims she has been "willingly" completing all her obligations for filming.
They explained: "These stories are untrue, and she is willingly fulfilling all of her obligations."