Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lindsay Lohan believes being sent to jail was a "blessing in disguise"
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
- Denise Richards has retained custody of Brooke Mueller and Charlie Sheen's sons
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato got a new tattoo by Bang Bang
- Carey Mulligan and ‘The Great Gatsby’ cast dazzle on Cannes red carpet
|Lohan in a scene from Liz & Dick|
She told USMagazine.com: "Elizabeth was drunk on sets. I've never been drunk on set, ever. I did my time and I respect the law.
"As hard as it was for me to admit it when I was in denial, it was a blessing in disguise. I was in solitary confinement and I took the time to really get into the right headspace."
But she admitted if she could she would advise her 16-year-old self: "Don't drink and drive. And be careful who you surround yourself with."
The 26-year-old actress - who said she wants to adopt a son in the future - also revealed she is inspired by Marilyn Monroe and believes that she didn't need to go to rehab in the past but made the best of the situation so she can use her experiences to help other people.
She said: "Marilyn Monroe went to an institution and said, 'I may not belong here like the world thinks I do, but I might as well take what I can get here and use it and help other people'. I think that's what everyone should take from those experiences."
But despite her legal troubles and battles with drug abuse, she insisted she has no regrets.
She said: "I have it tattooed: LIVE WITHOUT REGRETS. I'm not saying I wanted to go to a jail cell, but I've drawn from all of it."
Liz &; Dick premieres on Lifetime November 25.