Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lindsay Lohan avoids charges over burglary at friend’s home
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2012 at 09:39 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
A prosecutor wrote in a charge evaluation form: "We do not have sufficient evidence to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt.
"One of the suspects makes a vague admission that he and the others were there, and that 'someone' took something but is not more specific than that. The fact that our suspects are found in a car that is similar to the one seen at the time of the burglary adds little to the case.”
Mr. Magid, also retracted his initial report that items were stolen which complicated attempts to prosecute.
The prosecutor continued: “In addition to these evidentiary insufficiencies, the [victims] do not wish to pursue the prosecution of this matter."
Lindsay’s spokesman Steve Honig said in a statement: "Lindsay is glad this matter has been cleared up so she
can focus on her upcoming projects.”