Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lindsay Lohan accused of trashing her Dame Elizabeth Taylor dressing room
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2012 at 11:14 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor|
Angel Alger, the owner of the so-called love nest where the late actress' romance with Richard Burton started – claims the blonde star and the makers of TV movie 'Liz & Dick', which sees Lindsay play the Hollywood icon, caused up to $100,000 worth of damage when Silver Screen Pictures borrowed the property.
Angel – who used $50,000, her life savings, to purchase the 38-foot trailer in June – also alleges there were items missing when the love nest was returned to her and says there were cigarette burns on the furniture and fabric as well as on a picture of Elizabeth.
She told CNN: "I was specifically told that it would come back in pristine condition and in even better condition than it was at that time.
"I did not get to enjoy using the lavish French phone that she used or even her personal hair brush that probably still had some of her hair in it."
Angel claims she was told by a studio employee that Lindsay and her friends had access to the trailer each night throughout filming.
She added: "Only a psychotic and rebellious person or people would steal irreplaceable museum belongings and leave it in this vandalized condition."
However, Lindsay's representative Steve Honig has denied the 'Mean Girls' star had anything to do with the damage.
He said: "This has nothing to do with Lindsay. You should ask the producers about it."