Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Lincoln' star Daniel Day-Lewis' son thought he worked in construction until recently
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 08:52 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
The 'Lincoln' star, who has two children - Ronan, 14, and Cashel, 10 - with wife Rebecca Miller, has revealed his kids were clueless about their father's occupation as an Oscar-winning actor until recently.
Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, he said: "They didn't even know what I was doing until a couple of years ago. In fact, my 14-year-old boy was asked what I did and he said, 'I think he's in construction'. That's how much they know!"
The 55-year-old star also admits he has an "old fashioned" parenting style, sharing the same values as his own mother and father before him.
He said: "I think I'm quite old fashioned. My parents believed in certain things, which I do too, and I want my children to also. But there's no guarantee they will."
Daniel - who is being tipped to win his third Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal as American president Abraham Lincoln - stayed in character throughout the entire film shoot and grew to love the historical figure, but says one downside to the role was having to wear make-up.
He explained: "I was in complete denial. It hadn't occurred to me I was going to need any make-up, so it came as a bit of a shock. I've tried to avoid using make-up over the years.
"I spent probably an hour and a half in the make-up chair every morning."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...