Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Lincoln' star Daniel Day-Lewis' son thought he worked in construction until recently
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 08:52 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
The 'Lincoln' star, who has two children - Ronan, 14, and Cashel, 10 - with wife Rebecca Miller, has revealed his kids were clueless about their father's occupation as an Oscar-winning actor until recently.
Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, he said: "They didn't even know what I was doing until a couple of years ago. In fact, my 14-year-old boy was asked what I did and he said, 'I think he's in construction'. That's how much they know!"
The 55-year-old star also admits he has an "old fashioned" parenting style, sharing the same values as his own mother and father before him.
He said: "I think I'm quite old fashioned. My parents believed in certain things, which I do too, and I want my children to also. But there's no guarantee they will."
Daniel - who is being tipped to win his third Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal as American president Abraham Lincoln - stayed in character throughout the entire film shoot and grew to love the historical figure, but says one downside to the role was having to wear make-up.
He explained: "I was in complete denial. It hadn't occurred to me I was going to need any make-up, so it came as a bit of a shock. I've tried to avoid using make-up over the years.
"I spent probably an hour and a half in the make-up chair every morning."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...