Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Lincoln' star Daniel Day-Lewis says his kids didn't know he was an actor
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 at 08:09 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Daniel Day-Lewis (AP)|
Speaking with The Mirror, the 'Lincoln' star said, "They didn't even know what I was doing until a couple of years ago."
"In fact, my 14-year-old boy was asked what I did and he said, 'I think he's in construction'. That's how much they know!"
The 55-year-old actor, who is nominated for an Oscar for his role in 'Lincoln,' added that he believes he's an "old fashioned" parent.
"My parents believed in certain things, which I do too," he said. "I want my children to also. But there's no guarantee they will."