Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Liam Neeson replaces Mel Gibson in 'Hangover' Movie
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 at 06:02 PM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
Liam Neeson has replaced Mel Gibson in 'Hangover 2' just 24 hours after Gibson was removed from a cameo role as a tatoo artists in the new movie.
Neeson got the call after fellow actors refused to work with Gibson and flew to Bangkok on Thursday.
"I just got the call to do a one-day shoot on 'Hangover 2' as a tattooist in Thailand, and that's all I know about it," Neeson told Variety Magazine.
"I just laughed my leg off when I saw 'The Hangover.' I was shooting in Berlin earlier this year and rented it on the hotel TV."
Director Todd Phillips put out a statement after Gibson was cut:
"I thought Mel would have been great in the movie and I had the full backing of Jeff Robinov and his team. But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew," he said.
Actor Zach Galifianakis is said to be the reason why Gibson was removed.
Interviewed on the Comedy Death-Ray podcast last week, Galifianakis said, "A movie you're acting in, you don't have a lot of control -- you just show up and vomit your lines out. I'm not the boss. I'm in a deep protest right now with a movie I'm working on, up in arms about something. But I can't get the guys to [listen] ... I'm not making any leeway."
"It has something to do with a movie I'm working on, yeah. I'll tell you about it later. It's very frustrating."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...