Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Liam Gallagher says Oasis weren’t 'groundbreaking'
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 03:58 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
He said: “Oasis weren’t groundbreaking, it had all been done before. There are a few songs on our (Beady Eye’s) album which will remind people of Oasis … and why not? It was a good f***ing band. But you’ll hear some new bits.”
Since the end of the ‘Wonderwall’ hit-makers, Liam has formed new group Beady Eye with his former Oasis band-mates Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock.
The ‘Bring The Light’ singer insists his approach to songwriting is to just go for it and not be pretentious.
He told Uncut magazine: “I’m winging it, mate. You won’t get me talking about Oscar Wilde or all that b******s. I’m just writing the first thing that comes into my head.
“Gem does his thing, Andy does his thing and I do my thing. Then we all demo them and work on the songs together. I write on guitar, or, I barely write on guitar. I’ve got a guitar in the house on its last legs, man. I sit around and play the guitar ‘til I get bored. Then I go for a walk. Then I try and get some lyrics down and away we go.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...