Liam Gallagher says he isn't "good enough" for wife Nicole Appleton
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Liam Gallagher and his wife All Saints star Nicole Appleton|
Irish Celebrity Gossip
, Irish Entertainment Blog
The Beady Eye frontman hasn't seen his wife of five years since it was claimed he had fathered a child with US journalist Liza Ghorbani, but he told his mother-in-law Mary Appleton he felt the All Saints star would be better off without him during a chance encounter at his London home.
Mary, 72, said: "He walked up to me and said, 'Nic deserves better than me'.
"It was a vile thing to say - such a horrible cliché. I thought that's him trying to let her down gently. I knew I would cry.
"I thought he was still in Spain, so I went round to pick up post for Nic. And I wanted to check on their cat.
"When I opened the door, I heard Liam say, 'Who is it?' and I thought, 'Oh my god. What am I going to say to him?'
"Then he said that about Nic being better off without him. I didn't want him to see me cry so I took the cat and got into the car where my husband was waiting.
"I turned to him in tears and said, 'Their marriage is over'. Up to that point, we just hadn't known what to think."
Liam broke the news of the allegations to Nicole when she was holidaying in Disney World Florida with their son Gene, 12, Lennon - the rocker's 13-year-old son with first wife Patsy Kensit - her sisters and their children, and the 'Never Ever' hitmaker "fell to the floor" after the call.
Her sister Lori told the Sunday Mirror newspaper: "I was there when Nic got that call. We'd had just one ride. She went 'bam'. She fell to the floor and we had to put a rug underneath her. She is absolutely devastated.
"I've been with Nic all these days and he hasn't been in touch, other than the first day in Disney when he called and just told her straight up."
Be the first to make a comment.
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...