Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Liam Gallagher knew the break-up of Oasis ‘had to happen’
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 08:48 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
|Liam Gallagher (telegraph.co.uk)|
The outspoken singer was "absolutely devastated" when his former group ended in August 2009 following huge bust-up between himself and his brother, guitarist Noel Gallagher, but he thinks it came at a time when the band couldn't get any bigger.
He said: "I was absolutely devastated Oasis split up. But I just look at the positives now. We smashed it. We took it as big as we could and it inspired a lot of kids.
"I suppose we done what we came to do. It could have been different but the people in the band, that's the way we are.
More entertainment news on IrishCentral
US tourist says she captured image of Jesus on Cliffs of Moher
Irish American girl commits suicide in repeat of Phoebe Prince storyline
"I don't regret having an argument with our kid [Noel], I don't regret the break up, it had to happen."
Despite his comments, Liam – who formed Beady Eye with former bandmates Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock after Oasis split – admits he can't stop thinking about his old group.
He added to the Daily Telegraph newspaper: "There's not a day goes by when I don't think about Oasis and the music, but it wasn't meant to be.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...