Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Les Miserables' star Anne Hathaway admits her weight is a daily obsession
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 at 08:20 AM
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' costar Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
|Hathaway as Fantine|
Asked if she thinks about her weight daily, she told E! News: "If I'm honest, yes. There's an obsessive quality to it that I thought I would've grown out of by now. It's an on-going source of shame for me.
"I just think about the ridicule you get if you have an off day. If people weren't watching, I'd be so much more eccentric...I actually really don't feel like getting made fun of. So I put on something boring and navy and go out and try to disappear."
The 29-year-old newlywed - who married Adam Shulman in late September - also revealed that she decided to change her lifestyle after filming her critically acclaimed movie 'Rachel Getting Married', for which she earned an Oscar nomination in 2008, when her relationship with Italian real estate developer Raffaello Follieri crumbled because he was jailed for fraud and embezzlement.
She said: "I realised that the life I'd been living [was not authentic] and that I had to make a change.
"Then I found out that my trust had been betrayed quite massively. So for me, that call came at the end of 2007.
"I'm letting go of those expectations, and that's opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss. But I still feel the stress over 'Am I thin enough? Am I too thin? Is my body the right shape?'"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...