Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Les Miserables' actress Anne Hathaway thinks she lacks 'sex appeal'
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 at 07:41 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Anne Hathaway in 'Les Miserables'|
Anne proved many doubters wrong with her sexually charged portrayal of Catwoman in the latest Batman movie 'The Dark Knight Rises' but she isn't upset at being considered a "vanilla" actress.
Speaking in the February issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, Anne said: "I'm not Rihanna; I'm not cool. When people come up to me in the street, they often want a hug not a photo, and they want that because they like my work.
"For a long time it was me and [my manager] against the world. I was seen as this bizarre-world good girl cartoon that I in no way identified with - very vanilla, very sweet, very accessible and not interesting. I had no grit, no sex appeal.
"It doesn't help that that new crop of girls is so gorgeous, and so 22 years old. But I'm excited about [being 30]. I figured out a lot of things that work for me; I have the love thing figured out."
In the interview the brunette beauty also shared how her husband Adam Shulman - who she married in a private ceremony last September - taught her to trust again after her ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri was sentenced to four-and-a-half years in prison for fraud in 2008.
Anne admits she can't help but "light up" around the actor - who she started dating in November 2008 - and she just wants to spend as much time with him as she can.
Recalling her trust issues after her split from Raffaello, Anne said: "It was scary. But as the days wore on it kept getting better and better. I found that the love I found for [Adam] made me more trusting of everyone, and the more I started to see who I had become.
"He walks into a room, and I light up, I can't help it. A few days into [filming 'Les Miserables'] I said, 'I'm having too much fun, I just want to play with you and I need to be really sad right now.' "
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...