Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Leonardo DiCaprio has invited Robert Pattinson on a boys' trip to get over his split from Kristen Stewart
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 09:43 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
|Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert Pattinson|
The two have been put in touch through their mutual movie friend Reese Witherspoon, 36.
A source told website Showbiz Spy: "Leo has been one of Rob's role models for years, and Rob was totally taken by surprise when Leo called him."
They also added: "Leo invited Rob along on a getaway he's planning when he's in Puerto Rico for the wrap party on the movie he's producing, 'Runner, Runner'.
Apparently the 'Titanic' star wants to make the gathering exclusive and feels particularly protective of the
'Twilight' cast member because they have been compared to each other in the industry.
The insider continued: "Leo wants to book a mansion at a secret location on the coast so he and his pals can party in private.
"Leo got in touch with Rob through Reese Witherspoon, who Leo met during a Haiti fundraiser two years ago. Leo's kept an eye on Rob's career ever since people started calling him the next Leonardo DiCaprio."
Leo wants Robert socialize with his down-to-earth friends in an effort to overcome his recent cheating scandal.
The insider added: "Leo figured it would be great for him to hang out with a bunch of laid-back guys. Leo joked they could compare baseball cap collections - and told Rob before he knew it, he'd be dating a model, just like him!"