Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga worries she may die as a "martyr for fame" like Princess Diana
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 at 11:17 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
|Lady Gaga and Princess Diana|
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Gaga has always been absolutely fixated on Diana and sees herself as a 21st-century incarnation of her.
"She knows she is almost as recognizable as Diana and is hounded by photographers and fans on the same level.
"Gaga has had dreams about dying the same way as her and has genuine fears that her fame could literally kill her, either in a chase or at the hands of crazies."
Gaga's earlier single, 'Paparazzi', was also about the perils of celebrity and was also written with the tragic figure of Diana in mind.
The pop superstar has said: "Diana was the most iconic martyr of fame. She died because of it."
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
Irishman dropped child at day-care and robbed a New Jersey bank
Duffy’s Cut archaeologists search for descendants of murdered John Ruddy
Gaga played a piano version of her new song to a select few individuals last month, and one listener has described it as having "bitter lyrics" and a "trademark catchy chorus".
In 2009, Gaga performed 'Paparazzi' at the MTV Video Music Awards, with her appearance culminating in her staging a fake death, with her covered in fake blood and hanging from the ceiling.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...