Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga worries she may die as a "martyr for fame" like Princess Diana
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 at 11:17 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|Lady Gaga and Princess Diana|
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Gaga has always been absolutely fixated on Diana and sees herself as a 21st-century incarnation of her.
"She knows she is almost as recognizable as Diana and is hounded by photographers and fans on the same level.
"Gaga has had dreams about dying the same way as her and has genuine fears that her fame could literally kill her, either in a chase or at the hands of crazies."
Gaga's earlier single, 'Paparazzi', was also about the perils of celebrity and was also written with the tragic figure of Diana in mind.
The pop superstar has said: "Diana was the most iconic martyr of fame. She died because of it."
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
Irishman dropped child at day-care and robbed a New Jersey bank
Duffy’s Cut archaeologists search for descendants of murdered John Ruddy
Gaga played a piano version of her new song to a select few individuals last month, and one listener has described it as having "bitter lyrics" and a "trademark catchy chorus".
In 2009, Gaga performed 'Paparazzi' at the MTV Video Music Awards, with her appearance culminating in her staging a fake death, with her covered in fake blood and hanging from the ceiling.