Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga was so devastated by Amy Winehouse's death she couldn't talk for two days
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2011 at 09:17 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
Speaking on 'The View', she said: "I'm so devastated and so sad. I really couldn't speak for like 48 hours straight. I was in such shock. I don't think Amy needed to learn any lessons. I think the lesson was for the world to be kinder to the superstar. Everybody was so hard on her, and everything that I knew about her was that she was the most lovely and kind woman."
While no cause of death has been established for the 27-year-old singer, Amy's battle with drugs and alcohol has been well documented and Lady Gaga revealed she was "embarrassed" by her own past drug use.
She explained: "I used to do hard drugs. I was so embarrassed. My dad called me out about it one day and so I stopped. I don't do any hard drugs anymore. I am a part of the green club sometimes. My dad was like 'I know what you're doing because I did and I lost every friend who ever meant anything to me.'"