Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga thinks the city of New York is her 'husband'
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2011 at 09:56 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Speaking during MTV special 'Inside the Outside', which commemorates the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, she said: "I watched the towers fall from the roof of my school, holding all my best friends. I don't know ... just, my affinity and my love and the relationship I have with New York City - it's like the husband I never married.
Lady Gaga is dating Taylor Kinney - the actor in her new music video 'You and I' - VIDEO
Paddy Powers gives odds on who’ll design Lady Gaga’s wedding dress
Lady Gaga named most powerful female celebrity in the world by Forbes
I wrote so many songs on this new album about New York City. I mean, every song on all my albums has some relationship to New York City, but one in particular 'Marry The Night,' that record is about my husband, New York."
The 25-year-old singer - real name Stefani Germanotta - recently claimed she was "married to loneliness."
Lady Gaga said: "I am an artist. We wallow in loneliness and solitude our whole lives in search of the answer to hundreds and millions of questions that run through my mind.
"Yes, I'm lonely. But I'm married to my loneliness."