Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga is being sued for $5 million over her charity wristbands
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 09:39 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
On Gaga’s website it stated that all proceeds from the sale of the ‘We Pray For Japan’ wristbands were going to the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
Ari Kresch, an attorney with Michigan-based 1-800-LAW-FIRM, said: "I'm suing Lady Gaga simply to hold her accountable for giving the money that she was raising for charity to the cause that she was trying to raise it for."
The attorneys claim they have contacted Gaga's representatives, who refused to disclose how much money is being "retained" by the star from the sales.
Alyson Oliver explained: "When you use your celebrity and your power as a musician to take money from people under false pretences, that's just wrong.
"When we tried to communicate with the defendants in this lawsuit, all we got was, ‘Well, some of the money is being retained, but we don't really know how much’, is the essence of the response that we got.
"If the money were going to the right place rather than into the defendant's pocket, then I hope that our effort helps that."
Gaga is still selling the wristbands on her website and it is alleged that she has now violated consumer protection laws in every US state.
In addition, some fans have complained that they have not received their wristbands yet.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...