Lady Gaga settles lawsuit with her former personal assistant Jennifer O’Neill
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Lady Gaga pictured with Jennifer O'Neill|
The 'Applause' singer had been the subject of legal action by her old friend and roommate Jennifer O'Neill - who alleged she was cheated out of overtime wages for a few weeks in 2009 and 13 months from February 2010 - but she has now settled the case before it went to trial.
A court order dismissing the case, which was due to be heard on November 4, was issued on Monday, three days after lawyers had notified District Judge Paul G. Gardephe they were close to a settlement.
In her case, O'Neill - who claimed to be on call 24 hours a day, every day - said she had to sleep in the same bed as her famous employer as she was never given her own hotel room because Gaga insisted on having her close for "spontaneous, random matters in the middle of the night." She also said she was not given breaks or meals while working on the star's Monster Ball World Tour.
In her taped deposition last year, Gaga slammed her ex-assistant as a "hood rat" and insisted she didn't deserve overtime pay.
She said: "You don't get a schedule. You don't get a schedule that is like you punch in and you can play ... at your desk for four hours and then you punch out at the end of the day. This is when I need you, you're available.
"[Jennifer is a] f***ing hood rat who is suing me for money that she didn't earn.
"She thinks she's just like the queen of the universe. And, you know what, she didn't want to be a slave to one, because in my work and what I do, I'm the queen of the universe every day.
"She knew there was no overtime, and I never paid her overtime the first time I hired her, so why would she be paid overtime the second time?"
Jennifer, 41, filed the lawsuit for unpaid overtime in Manhattan federal court in December against Gaga's Mermaid Touring company.
Be the first to make a comment.
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...