Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga has become the first twitter user to reach 20 million followers
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 at 09:21 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
Gaga - whose real name is Stephanie Germanotta - uses the account, which she started on March 26, 2008, to interact with her supporters, who she refers to as Little Monsters.
Since overtaking Britney Spears as the most-followed person on the website in August 2010, the singer has held onto the top spot.
Gaga is well ahead of her fellow singers Katy Perry, who has 15.5 million followers, as well as Shakira and Rihanna, who both have more than 14.5 million.
The CEO who insults the Irish and laughs all the way to the bank
Irish man who admits he was married to 19 women is convicted of bigamy
Despite reaching the milestone, the 'Paparazzi' singer hasn't tweeted since March 3 - but she has previously used the account to announce benefits for her fans.
In December 2011, Gaga revealed she was going to make a free download of an unreleased track available as a Christmas present to her supporters.
She tweeted: "Been racking my brain on what to get Little Monsters for Christmas!! I finally figured it out!! (sic)
"On Christmas Day I will leak to you an unreleased Song off Born This Way! It was recorded live, in one take, on the tour bus. Uncensored (sic)."
As well as her large following on twitter, Gaga has eight million fans on Facebook and more than 800,000 'circles' on Google+.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...