Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga has battled with eating disorders since she was a teenager
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
She wrote: “Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15.”
Fans on the site immediately heaped praise on the singer, with user Ida writing: “I can’t stop crying. Gaga I’m battling the same thing right now.”
Fellow fan Dylan Appleby added: “to be perfectly honest i don’t see the weight gain and even if i could it doesn’t matter (sic)”
Lady Gaga recently revealed the reason behind her weight increase was down to her father’s restaurant in New York.
She said: “I love eating pasta and I'm a New York Italian girl. That's why I have been staying out of New York.
"My father opened a restaurant. It's so amazing ... it's so freaking delicious, but I'm telling you I gain five pounds every time I go there.
"So my dad wants me to eat at the restaurant, and I'm like, 'I've got to go where I can drink green juice.' "