Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga, Ellen DeGeneres & Jane Lynch commend Obama on his support of gay marriage
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Lady Gaga & President Obama|
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres tweeted: "Thank you President @BarackObama for your beautiful and brave words. I'm overwhelmed."
While Chris Colfer retweeted Ellen's comment and added his own words of praise.
His 'Glee' colleague Jane Lynch said: "Pretty darn happy today. Thanks Mr President, for supporting the dignity of my family and so many others!"
'Born This Way' singer Lady GaGa added: "Obama, congratulations on being the first sitting President to support marriage equality. Feels like the future, and not the past. #NoFear"
The US President revealed in an interview on Wednesday that he had changed his mind about same-sex couples legally committing.
In an interview with ABC News he said: "There have been times where Michelle and I have been sitting around the dinner table and we're talking about their friends and their parents and Malia and Sasha, it wouldn't dawn on them that somehow their friends' parents would be treated differently.
"It doesn't make sense to them and frankly, that's the kind of thing that prompts a change in perspective."