Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga, Ellen DeGeneres & Jane Lynch commend Obama on his support of gay marriage
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Lady Gaga & President Obama|
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres tweeted: "Thank you President @BarackObama for your beautiful and brave words. I'm overwhelmed."
While Chris Colfer retweeted Ellen's comment and added his own words of praise.
His 'Glee' colleague Jane Lynch said: "Pretty darn happy today. Thanks Mr President, for supporting the dignity of my family and so many others!"
'Born This Way' singer Lady GaGa added: "Obama, congratulations on being the first sitting President to support marriage equality. Feels like the future, and not the past. #NoFear"
The US President revealed in an interview on Wednesday that he had changed his mind about same-sex couples legally committing.
In an interview with ABC News he said: "There have been times where Michelle and I have been sitting around the dinner table and we're talking about their friends and their parents and Malia and Sasha, it wouldn't dawn on them that somehow their friends' parents would be treated differently.
"It doesn't make sense to them and frankly, that's the kind of thing that prompts a change in perspective."