Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Kevin Costner is being sued by a neighbor for planting shrubs
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Mr. Grimm - who bought his house, which is situated behind Kevin's, in 2009 - says he has sent "multiple" pleas to the actor asking him to trim the shrubbery, only for them to be replaced with even taller trees, which block his once-spectacular ocean views.
According to the neighbour, Kevin - who is seeking $150,000 damages for loss of enjoyment and $500,000 for damages to his property value if the trees are not removed - is contractually-bound not to obstruct the views from his property.
However, the lawsuit states the 57-year-old actor made it clear he would not "back down" and would "do everything in his power to secure his privacy."
In addition to his damages claim, Mr. Grimm wants a judge to force Kevin to chop down the trees.
It is believed that rules for the area state that no hedge shall be over six feet tall.