Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Kennedy family felt powerless when Taylor Swift allegedly crashed a wedding
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
|Conor Kennedy and Taylor Swift|
Kathie Lee said on her show: "The truth, because I was there [is that] Vicki, [my husband] Frank's daughter's account of what happened in Boston is accurate."
The host - who is the step-grandmother of the bride - explained that Conor was invited to the wedding but failed to RSVP and, instead, texted the bride's mother, Vicki Kennedy, right before the ceremony and asked to attend.
She explained: "He got in touch with her an hour earlier and said, basically, 'Can I bring my girlfriend?'. [It was] a beautiful sit-down dinner that had been planned for months.
"[Conor] came out and took [Swift] by the hand and they left. So, I didn't know there was any drama going on at the time."
A source close to the bride and groom confirms the account, suggesting the relatives couldn't effectively get rid of Taylor.
They told website People.com: "It was kind of weird, and the family felt like they couldn't do anything."
Kathie Lee added that perhaps the Grammy winning singer didn't know she had offended anyone by being present.
Taylor's representative, Paula Erickson, told the Boston Herald newspaper that the singer was indeed invited to the wedding and "the bride thanked her profusely for being there."
Kathie commented: "I'm not sure she didn't know she wasn't invited."