Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Kelly Preston credits Scientology for helping her get over her son's death
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 11:03 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|John Travolta and Kelly Preston|
She said: "People were so beautiful - so, so extraordinary from all over the world. Everybody grieves in their own way. I felt at times like I was drowning. It felt like a sea of wet blankets. And then I just peeled them off, layer by layer, so that I can now say, 'I want to live. I love life. My life is beautiful and amazing.
"In Scientology, we have what's called 'auditing,' and that helps you to address things in your life and to strip them away and work through them. It's a path of spiritual enlightenment. Also, it helps rid the mind of painful experience completely. Through that, the people at my church literally held my hand and got me through. . .I will forever be indebted. You never forget, but I feel like the weight of the world was lifted."
Kelly - who also has daughter Ella, 12, and son Benjamin, 18 months, with John - admitted she still grieves for her son, but is thankful that she is able to be happy again.
Speaking on 'The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet' - in an interview filmed before sexual assault claims were recently made against her husband - she added: "I've had enormous loss. Nobody should have to lose a child. It's unfathomable. But I'm here to say that you can get through it. You can live again. You can want to live again....
"There are still things that come up, for sure, but I am able to live. And to want to live. I can laugh. I'm - for the most part -happy. That's the greatest gift ever."
Benjamin was born in November 2010 and Kelly admitted she had some concerns about having another child, but says he and Ella help her to love more - and she won't rule out having more kids.
She added: "Having another child after this experience - we had to think about it, especially this late in life.
I always wanted to have more kids. I feel like I would even have another child, but it might be pushing it."
"I'm not afraid to love and to love deeply. My kids help me with that. They open up your heart so much. There's nothing like the love of a child... it's the greatest thing ever."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...