Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Keith Urban upset by Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj’s feud on ‘American Idol’
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2012 at 09:49 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|American Idol judges|
An insider told the Chicago Sun Times: “Keith is such a wonderful, easygoing, lovely guy. This kind of drama was not the reason he signed on to be an ‘Idol’ judge. … He hates nastiness in any form.”
During the fight Keith joked he felt like "the UN [United Nations]" caught in the middle.
Meanwhile, it has been revealed Mariah has hired extra security after claiming Nicki threatened to shoot her.
Mariah contacted chat show host Barbara Walters, who read out a statement on 'The View' which revealed several staff members had heard Nicki say: "If I had a gun I would shoot the b***h."
Barbara explained: "She said she is very concerned, she's with her twins, she doesn't feel that anything would happen, but Nicki is unpredictable and Mariah says she can't take a chance and has hired extra security.
"Nicki has not apologised, but they were together in meetings... during which Nicki said, 'I love you, but we might fight again!'
"Mariah said at this point she doesn't feel comfortable emotionally but she will continue with the show because she loves mentoring the contestants."