Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Katy Perry claims President Barack Obama's inaugural ball was the best party she's ever been to
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 08:14 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Barack and Michelle Obama at the inaugural ball|
She tweeted: "Just left the White House. All other parties from here on out will be judged unless they take place at the White House."
Kelly Clarkson - who had earlier performed at the event, singing My Country, 'Tis of Thee' - was impressed with the president's wife, Michelle's, party starting abilities.
She tweeted: "Just partied at the White House .... I kid you not, Michelle Obama stood up and got the party started .... seriously cool First Lady :) (sic)"
Producer-and-rapper will.i.am spoke of his pride at being invited to the ball, tweeting: "I took my mama to the white house & every step I took I wanted to cry ... I'm so proud of our past (sic)."
Party guests were entertained by DJ Cassidy, and Eric Benet and Janelle Monae, who both sang.
Before she performed, Jennifer Hudson tweeted: "Right now the President and First Lady will dance to Al Green's 'Let's Stay Together' to be performed by ... ME!!! Yes! Amazing night! (sic)"