Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Katie Holmes walked away from her marriage to Tom Cruise with millions of dollars worth of gifts
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 09:40 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Katie Holmes and Suri|
While the ‘Top Gun’ actor will only pay his former spouse $400,000 per year in child support until their six-year-old daughter Suri turns 18, Katie is independently wealthy, thanks to the huge amount of in jewellery, designer handbags and other presents Tom lavished on her during their marriage.
A source told RadarOnline: "Tom was extremely generous to Katie with lavish gifts during their marriage and she will be keeping millions of dollars of jewellery, Hermes handbags and other luxurious items.
"Tom gave Katie diamond earrings as a birthday gift one year that easily cost over $500,000 and he had custom design pieces made for her. Under terms of the divorce, Katie is keeping all of the jewellery, handbags, accessories, and designer clothing. What she does with it is up to her. For the time being, the jewels are being kept in a very safe place and knowing Katie, it's likely she will one day give them to Suri once she is old enough.”
Although Katie was prevented from receiving a large settlement due to the couple’s pre-nuptial agreement, friends of the actress revealed she simply wanted to make sure Suri was looked after and has no interest in getting any of Tom’s large fortune for herself.
The source added: "Katie was never with Tom for the money. When it came time for the divorce, she just wanted it to be done quickly and with as little disruption to Suri's life as possible. Suri has always been Katie's number one priority and concern. During the divorce settlement talks Katie just wanted to make sure that she and her daughter would be taken care of from a financial standpoint.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...