Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Katie Holmes to receive $3 million per year of marriage to Tom Cruise
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 at 09:31 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
Instead, she will reportedly be paid $15 million for the five-year union as well as being given their $35 million Beverly Hills mansion.
However, Katie - who has cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason behind their split - is seeking sole custody of the couple's six-year-old daughter, Suri, and experts believe she will get a huge amount of child support from Tom.
Top divorce attorney Vikki Ziegler told Hollywoodlife.com: "Most of the estate is Tom's. She'll have to go for a lot of child support. She'll have to show that Suri has nannies, cars, activities, clothes, hair appointments. That a hefty amount each month is needed to maintain Suri's lifestyle."
Once the divorce is finalized both Katie and Tom will keep their respective earnings from the projects they've worked on since November 2006.
As well as the Beverly Hills mansion, the former couple also have homes in New York, Colorado, Italy and England.
Since they did not stay married for 11 years, the pre-nuptial agreement states California community property laws won't apply to the divorce - which normally sees a couple's assets split 50/50.
Following the news Katie was filing for divorce, Tom - who has two children, Isabella, 19, and 17-year-old Connor with ex-wife Nicole Kidman - said he was "deeply saddened" by it.
Sources claim Katie had given no indication to Tom - who was also married to actress Mimi Rogers - she was going to do it.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...