Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Katie Holmes' Catholic father reportedly wants to find her a new husband
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 09:03 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
The 'The Kennedys' actress - who divorced Tom Cruise in August after six years of marriage - is said to hate being single and is ready to find a new man.
A source close to Katie told OK! Magazine: "Katie hates being single -- and her dad knows it. They have always been incredibly close, and he's made it his mission to try to find her a new man."
The 33-year-old actress and fashion designer has been focusing all her energy up until recently on her six-year-old daughter Suri Cruise, who just started attending a private school in New York.
But now her lawyer father Martin - who helped her quickly negotiate her divorce from Tom and secure primary custody of their child - is eager to see her focus on making herself happier and wants to play matchmaker for his daughter.
Tom and Katie's marriage was "irretrievably broken" six months before the actress filed for divorce.
The pair tied the knot in a lavish Scientology ceremony in Italy on November 18 2006.
According to their divorce documents Tom was ordered to pay $400,000 a year in child support for the couple's daughter until she turns 18.
In the unlikely event the actor misses a payment; he will be faced with a jail sentence "for a term not to exceed six months".
The 'Top Gun' star is already making the most of his single status and has been spotted out on the town in London multiple times in recent weeks.