Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Kate Winslet weds for the third time, ‘Titanic’ co star Leonardo DiCaprio gives her away
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2012 at 07:46 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Kate Winslet and Ned RocknRoll|
This is Winslet’s third marriage - previously she was married to Jim Threapleton from 1998 to 2001 and later, Sam Mendes from 2003 to 2010, who directed Winslet in ‘Revolutionary Road.’
Winslet first met RocknRoll in August 2011 at Necker Island, Branson’s private island in the Caribbean. It was a fateful trip since during that same visit, Hurricane Irene wreaked havoc and set fire to Branson’s $70 million house. Winslet somewhat famously saved Branson’s 90-year-old mother.
While details from the secret nuptials are on lockdown, reports are emerging that former co-star Leonardo DiCaprio walked Winslet down the aisle. The two famously starred together in ‘Titanic,’ and later, ‘Revolutionary Road.’
No word yet on whether or not Kate Winslet will now be Kate RocknRoll. Not surprisingly, RocknRoll isn’t Ned’s last name. Ned’s first wife explained to the DailyMail that: “The whole thing was about having fun with your name. He thought we all took ourselves too seriously so it was about reacting against it. He looked into just being ‘Ned’, with no surname at all but, apparently, that’s illegal so we couldn’t do it.”
RocknRoll works for his uncle, serving as the equally bizarrely named ‘Head of Marketing Promotion and Astronaut Experience’ at Branson’s Virgin Galactic.