Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Kate Middleton and Prince William refuse to let topless pictures ruin their tour of the Far East
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 09:45 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Kate Middleton and Prince William|
The royal couple are currently on an official visit to Asia as part of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee celebrations and while they are very upset the intimate pictures were published in a French magazine, they won't let it stop them from enjoying the trip.
William's spokesperson told the Sunday Mirror newspaper: "They've been very clear that they will not allow this to intrude on their enjoyment of the tour or, more importantly their work on behalf of the queen.
"The couple always felt very strongly about privacy and harassment. It's part of a very long-standing and heartfelt position by the duke and Prince Harry, given their past, to do everything they can to protect themselves.
"They've always said they don't have an issue with the mainstream media just doing their job, but they have always had an issue with paparazzi whose work intrudes on their privacy."
However, it will not stop the pair from taking legal action against everyone involved with the pictures, which were taken with a long-lens camera as William and Catherine sunbathed at a private chateau in France.
The spokesperson added: "They will take any action they can within the law to seek redress."
As well as French magazine Closer publishing the snaps, the Irish version of the Daily Star newspaper printed them while Italian publication Chi is planning to.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...