Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Justin Timberlake says attending the Marine Corps Ball was one of the most "moving evenings" of his life
Posted on Monday, November 14, 2011 at 02:20 PM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Justin Timberlake at the Marine Corps Ball (Us Weekly)|
The 'In Time' star was invited to attend the celebration in a YouTube video posted by Corporal Kelsey DeSantis and Justin has revealed the event – held at the Greater Richmond Convention Centre in Virginia – was deeply emotional for him.
In a blog post on his website JustinTimberlake.com, he wrote: "I knew I would have an evening that I wouldn't forget … Something I could tell my friends about. What I didn't know was how moved I would be by the whole experience.
"To all of you that serve every day for us … Ensuring our freedom, I say: My deepest gratitude to you. I've met so many of my heroes … From Michael Jordan to Michael Jackson. And, nothing makes me feel more honor and pride than when I get to meet one of you. Last night changed my life and I will never forget it. (sic)"
Justin – who recently reunited with girlfriend Jessica Biel - also reserved special praise for his 23-year-old date, describing her as a "hero".
He said: "She seemed to me to be so humble and honest … Very cool. She also simultaneously seemed like she was nervous about the whole evening and if I was going to enjoy myself. "Are you ok?" she asked 2 or 3 times. "I hope you are having fun. I know you will once my crew of friends get here to the table." I have to tell you, it's not every day that I meet a 23 year old girl and she's more worried about if I'm having fun or if I'm comfortable! It hit me all of a sudden that these were the type of people that look after us and our freedom … Humble, concerned for others before themselves … This was the type of person our Marine Corps was building. I was really blown away.
"Thank you Corporal Kelsey DeSantis. Thank you for inviting me. And, thank you for being my hero. (sic)"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...