Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Justin Bieber’s girlfriend Selena Gomez will never change for a guy
Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 09:38 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Selena Gomez being her goofy self|
She said: "I wasn't myself for a year. I think that was really damaging. I felt like it was me who was always trying to be perfect for him.
"Everyone around me hated him but I didn't listen. I think I had to go through it because now I'm the strongest I've been.
"I dare someone to try and change me again."
Selena admits she "lost herself" in the relationship and lost her sense of fun until the romance was over.
She explained in an interview with Top of the Pops magazine: "I always dressed nice. I don't think he ever saw me in sweatpants – and I love sweatpants.
"I'd always be well-mannered and go to his favourite restaurants or whatever.
"There was a point where I lost myself completely. I didn't smile as much, I didn't laugh as much. I wasn't a goofball. I didn't get up and dance like I usually do.
"And when that one ended, I didn't know where I was. But I got it back and was really happy. My family were happy to have me back."
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez have split up
Selena Gomez rushed to hospital after interview with Jay Leno on 'The Tonight Show'
Justin Bieber to perform a private concert for David and Victoria Beckham's kids