Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been fined $1,350 for threatening to kill three police officers
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 01:35 PM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
|Jonathan Rhys Meyers|
The 34-year-old actor was not present in court in Bobigny, France to hear his sentencing over an alcohol-fuelled incident at Paris’ Charles de Gaulle Airport in June 2009, which also saw him given a one-month suspended jail term.
The actor’s lawyer Vincent Toledano asked the court to dismiss the drunk and disorderly charges, insisting his client was "a fragile man" and a "fairly weak person" who "suffers from his demons” and has been “harmed by fame”.
He later brandished the punishment given to the actor “harsh”, though the judge had described Jonathan’s actions as “extremely aggressive”.
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
-------------------The court heard that the ‘Tudors’ star – who also punched a waiter in the airport – later said sorry to those he had been abusive to and blamed his alcoholism. He had also offered undisclosed compensation to the victims.
This is not the first time Jonathan – who has been in rehab three times – has ran into problems in an airport.
He was arrested for being drunk and in breach of the peace at Dublin airport in Ireland in 2007, but the charges were eventually dropped.
In May 2010, he was banned for life by United Airlines after being "belligerent" and "disruptive" during a heavy drinking session at an airport in New York.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...