Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jon Stewart invites Glenn Beck on ‘The Daily Show’
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 09:38 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
On Wednesday on The Daily Show host Jon Stewart invited the conspiracy fearing Fox News pundit Glenn Beck to appear on his show.
Beck never invites guests onto his own one man show, so Stewart feels it might be interesting to see how the conservative broadcaster would fare if someone finally answers him back.
As an incentive, Stewart promised Beck a five-pronged chalk holder, a reference to Beck's frequent use of chalkboard diagrams to convince his two million strong audience. "Imagine, you could get five people connected to George Soros," Stewart joked.
The chances Beck will take the bait are pretty slim. Unlike fellow Fox pundit Bill O'Reilly, Beck shows no willingness to tackle his detractors, including Stewart.