Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jon Hamm hates the way "stupid" celebrities like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian are celebrated
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
He said: "We're at a place where the idea of being elite is somehow considered a negative. Whether it's Paris Hilton or kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated.
"Being a f***ing idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture, because you're rewarded significantly.
"And in-curiousness has become cool. It's celebrated. It doesn't make sense to me."
Sh**e Irish parents say on St. Patrick's Day to their American kids
GOP Senator Grassley still blocking Irish and hi-tech immigration bill in US Senate
Jon struggled to get his big break in Hollywood and gave himself a five-year deadline to land a major role after witnessing how "depressing" it was seeing other actors flounder for even longer.
He added: "I knew a few people who had gone a little longer than that and it turned into a depressing model."
The 'Bridesmaids' star also admitted he isn't impressed by aging Hollywood stars trying to cling on to their youth.
He told Britain's Elle magazine: "A town like this not only celebrates but insists on the cult of eternal youth, so I can see how it happens. But if you're in your forties and fifties and you're spending two or three hours in a hair salon getting your highlights done... Well, that's not my game."