Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
John Travolta's vintage Mercedes has been found chopped up after it was stolen
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 08:34 AM
- Lindsay Lohan has never been better, according to her mother Dina
- Amanda Bynes allegedly lunged at a fan after he tried to take her photograph on Friday
- ‘Glee’ actor Matthew Morrison wants a musical collaboration with Adam Levine
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly ‘making life hell’ for staff and other patients at the Betty Ford clinic
- Gerard Butler has split from girlfriend Madalina Ghenea
Sgt Richard Lewis, who was investigating the theft, revealed: "It was not recovered in whole. It was chopped. We have numerous pieces recovered but not the entire car."
Two men have been arrested for the crime - D L Rayford Jr. pleaded no contest to grand theft auto earlier this month, while Michael T. Green has pleaded not guilty to two counts.
Rayford has been ordered to pay John $50,000 in restitution and has must serve 16 months in jail, while Green remains in Jail without bail.
More celebrity gossip on IrishCentral
Irish tsunami 'quite possible' warns experts after earthquake
US Census reveals important new information on Irish Americans
Although they were arrested earlier this month the information was not made public so a larger investigation into the car theft ring was not compromised.
Speaking last year, John - who is also a qualified pilot - admitted he was glad it was not his private jet that got stolen instead.
He joked: "I was looking for Jaguars, and it was a beautiful, spotless dealership and I left it parked on the side.
"And eight to 10 minutes later, my car was gone. And it's like that movie, 'Gone in 60 Seconds', like, who can explain it?
"But at least it wasn't a jet, though that might be easier to find."