Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
John Travolta was denied a table at a KFC restaurant in England
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:17 PM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
The 57-year-old actor was in the country to attend an annual meeting of Scientologists at Saint Hill Manor, which was purchased by the sci-fi cult's founder in 1959 and now serves as the religion's UK head office.
When an assistant called the nearby East Grinstead, Sussex, branch of the fried chicken chain to ask if they could hold a table for him, the staff member did not believe them and refused to fulfill the request, saying he would have to queue like any other customer.
However, a spokesperson for the brand has offered him the chance to come back whenever he wants.
The representative said: "Staff thought it was pure fiction when someone called up to book a table for John Travolta, but it turns out we really are the one that he wants! We’re sorry for the misunderstanding, and we’d love to invite him for a meal next time he’s in the vicinity.”
The worker, who did not want to be named, revealed he was only told the table was for a "Mr Travolta".
He said: "To me, customers are customers, no matter who they are. It doesn't make a difference if someone is famous. The lady who called didn't give me her name, she just said it will be for a Mr. Travolta. That threw me a little bit. I thought it might be a load of nonsense, but she seemed pretty serious."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...