Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
John Travolta has promised to care for the family of late actor James Gandolfini
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 08:07 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Travolta on 'Good Morning America'|
The 'Sopranos' star - who is survived by his wife Deborah Lin and their daughter Liliana, eight months - suffered a fatal heart attack and his friend has vowed to return an old favour.
James had helped his former 'Get Shorty' co-star when his autistic son Jett died at the age of 16 after a seizure in 2009 and now his friend revealed he will look after his family, including son Michael, 13, from his first marriage.
Speaking on 'Good Morning America', he said: "My goal is to make sure his family is OK. His little boy, I watched him grow up, and his brand new little girl. We'll just make sure they're taken care of."
The pair also starred together in 'Lonely Hearts' and 'The Taking of Pelham 123', and the 59-year-old actor revealed their long-standing friendship.
He added: "My father sold tyres to his father. I was his inspiration to get into the business."
He also spoke kindly of James' kind nature when Jett passed away.
He revealed: "James went out of his way to come to Florida and he would not leave Florida until I was OK, or he felt that I would be fine.
"After a week I said, 'Jim you can really, you can, you know, we'll be fine. I've got a lot of support here.'
"But the idea that in our profession someone would go out of their way and not want to leave you until he felt you were OK, that's the kind of soul that James Gandolfini was."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...