Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
John Travolta has made his first public appearance since being accused of sexual harassment
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
The 'Pulp Fiction' actor is thought to have been hiding out at a vacation home in the Bahamas since being accused of sexual misconduct from a number of male masseurs but he put on a brave face last week to honor actress Shirley MacLaine as she received the 40th AFI Life Achievement Award.
Taking to the stage in a black tuxedo, John appeared calm and composed as he made a speech in front of guests including Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts, Katherine Heigl and Meryl Streep.
He said: "Several years ago, Warren Beatty was talking about a young actress. And I said to him, 'What was she like?' And he said, 'She filled the room with presence like I've never seen before.' And I said, 'You know your sister, Shirley? She fills the room with presence'. She fills the world with presence like no one I've ever seen before. And that's my Shirley. And I love you.
"Shirley MacLaine is first a dancer, and when you move from Broadway to film to television to writing to directing, you have to move to these things with the grace of a dancer. To train and push harder than you ever thought you could."
John was among a number of stars, including Jack Nicholson, her brother Warren Beatty, and Morgan Freeman, in paying tribute to Shirley, 78.
The 'Grease!' star reportedly jetted off to a vacation home in the Bahamas with wife Kelly Preston and children Ella, 12, and 18-month-old Benjamin to ride out the sex scandal, although new claims have emerged in the past few days that he enjoyed a six-year gay affair with a male pilot.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...